Maday Consulting is dedicated to providing impactful, sustainable, learning solutions to our clientele and are committed to provide our exemplary services in an accessible manner. For special pricing and discounts, see our Rates and Billing page.
Our services and products are custom fit to apply to your organization and/or individual needs both for now and for the future.
From corporate coaching and development to working with clients on building a variety of skills, knowledge, and confidently pursuing their goals.
A Chicago based IO Psychology Scientist, Daniel Maday has a passion for teaching, coaching, assessments, conflict resolution, small businesses, and organizational design. He holds a Master’s of Industrial Organizational Psychology from Roosevelt University and currently teaches Experimental Design, Personnel Psychology and Training Program Design and Evaluation at University of Hartford. He is the co-founder of The Ozymandias Project, staff writer for The Office Type by Heavy Thought Studios, and is a virtual classroom producer at DDI. In the volunteer space, Daniel has served as the Internship Coordinator for the Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology’s United Nations Liaison Team and Simulation Director for American Model United Nations. His past roles range from Curriculum Development Coordinator with the Chicago Transit Authority, training, sales, and facilitation for Capsim Business Simulations, Assistant Director of Roosevelt University’s Writing Center, and was a Graduate Human Resources Intern for the City of Chicago. He is a public transit enthusiast, proud moped rider, occasional podcaster, semi-professional punster, and writes weekly haiku.
Portfolio / CV
University of Hartford
Adjunct Professor (Jan 2018 to Present)
• Teaching "Experimental Design", “Introduction to Training Program Evaluation and Design” and “Personnel Psychology”.
• Design, evaluate, and edit course curriculum and delivery (synchronous and asynchronous).
• Plan, record, edit and post weekly lectures, feedback, and grades through Canvas LMS.
• Connect student experience and perspectives to course content and applied best practices.
• Mentor students and facilitate feedback for continuous improvement.
Development Dimensions International
Virtual Classroom Producer
(May 2021 to Present)
• Coordinate Virtual Classroom logistics, resources and evaluation
• Troubleshoot technical issues for facilitators, clients across Zoom, MS Teams, WebEx, and related platforms
• Conduct assessment center business cases and roleplays, score behavioral performances
Executive Producer / Co-Founder
The Ozymandias Project
(Aug 2020 - Present)
• Coordinate with show creator on edits, content, and strategic direction.
• Edit and produce podcast content including special episodes, teasers, and published content.
• Manage social media (FB, IG, Tik Tok), direct marketing and outreach on behalf of the show.
• Research and initiate organizational collaborations, guests, and sponsorship opportunities.
• Collaborate externally for joint ventures (sponsorships, scholarship, and advancement of the field)
Chicago Transit Authority
Coordinator Curriculum Development, QC
(Jul 2019 - Jul 2020)
• Design, develop, implement, update, and evaluate Rail Operations curriculum and training materials.
• Review and edit internal and externally supplied training materials for consistency and quality control.
• Attend or facilitate training sessions, observe, and provide feedback to instructors/facilitators.
• Compose, disseminate, and revise bulletins and SOPs as needed.
• Utilize surveys, interviews and focus groups to assess training needs.
• Use statistical analysis to evaluate the outcomes and effectiveness of training and assessments.
Capsim Management Simulations
Client Relationship Consultant
(Aug 2016 - Jul 2019)
• Train professors and facilitators on implementation and use of simulations and assessments.
• Assist instructors with course design, facilitation, grading, assessment, and student support.
• Provide product demos, manage accounts/leads, and report sales activities via SalesForce.
• Develop custom Assurance of Learning and accreditation reports matched to client goals.
• Troubleshoot technical issues via email, phone, support tickets, and JIRA.
• Facilitate corporate programming on site (single and multi-day programs).
• Creation/editing of video, audio, and process-based instructional resources for clients.
Roosevelt University Writing Center
(Aug 2014 to Jun 2016)
• Direct embedded tutoring sessions for groups of students and with individual writers.
• Create a new online tutoring system and increased online tutoring usage by 350%.
• Design instructional training packets for staff, future administrators.
• Oversaw grant writing to eventual award of $500+ for assessment programming.
• Direct quarterly assessments of staff performance, client satisfaction, overall impacts.
• Source, interview, hire, and on-board 20 staff and other volunteers (approx. 40).
MA in Industrial Organizational Psychology
Notable Courses: Consulting Skills, Instructional Design, Personnel Psychology
Loyola University Chicago
BS in Social Psychology
BA in Political Science
Notable Courses: Social Psych Lab, Public Opinion, Writing Center Practicum, I-O Psychology
Volunteer / Pro-BonO
SIOP- United Nations Committee
(Jan 2015 to April 2022)
• Created pilot pipeline for future committee internships with a focus on developing interns and improving committee productivity and transparency
• Set up and manage Committee Slack, Share Drive, and manage digital assets
• Met with UNDP other UN bodies to help establish working relationship and offer pro-bono solutions
• Assisted in strategizing future goals, expanding roles in pro-social IO and external affairs
• Aided in creation of a matrix for indexing and connecting IO practitioners and researchers with knowledge and skill dependencies for the Sustainable Development Goals
• Edited and proofed documents for publication, created internal resources, annotated bibliographies
American Model United Nations
(Jul 2014 to Mar 2021)
• Collaborate with leadership team to create training plans and remote learning content.
• Train and supervise staffers and attendees to develop leadership, diplomacy, writing skills.
• Assist representatives write reports for various United Nations bodies.
• Facilitate debate flow and provide a realistic, educational emulation of the United Nations.
• Bug tracking for conference site, app, and document processing system.
Skills, Certifications, and Associations
• Proficient with Office 365, Microsoft Office, Adobe Suite, G-Suite, Salesforce, Audacity, Hindenberg, various LMS, Ensemble, TALEO, SPSS, Sharepoint, Qualtrics, and Wix• Social media management across platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tik Tok, etc).• Safety certifications in: OSHA 10, ICS 100-800, HazMat/Bloodborne Pathogens• IL Driver’s License with “D” and “M” endorsements | Current FOID card• BASSET and CITI (for research with human subjects) Certified• Society for Industrial Organizational Psychology (SIOP) Associate Member
• Eagle Scout (Boy Scouts of America)
• Pi Sigma Alpha (ΠΣΑ) Member
• Values Champion, Capsim Management Simulations, Q3 2016.
• Roosevelt University Writing Center, Maday Award for Excellence in Tutoring (created in 2017)
• Society for Classical Studies’ “Ancient Worlds, Modern Communities Award”
Click on the below buttons for additional details on a service and request a free consultation.
Curious about working with us but unsure if we provide the services you are looking for?
Use the contact link below!
- Executive Coaching
- Career Coaching
- Undergraduate and Graduate School Applications
Looking to make a career change? Gearing up for application to college, graduate school, or a related program? Considering a new field / industry? Need a push / support for an upcoming endeavor?Our coaching services meet you where you are at, help envision a path forward and can work alongside with you on your journey towards your vision! We work with clients from high school students to established professionals who've owned their own firms for decades. Even if you are unsure on your current goals, we can work with you to create personalized strategies and tools to make them a reality.
- Instructional Design
- Conflict Resolution
- Program Evaluation
- Performance Assessment
- Organizational Accreditation
- Podcast Production
- Business Start Up
- Brand Refresh
- Strategic Analysis
Thinking about starting a podcast, LLC, or nonprofit? Conducting performance assessment of employees or evaluating programs? Looking to give your brand or business a refresh? Having issues with personnel or collaborators? Need insight on designing future strategy for your organization?Our broad array of consulting services leverage our team's experience, education, and the latest developments in the field to create customized solutions to fit your unique needs and execute on them. From developing curricula for cutting edge VR firms to consulting with various departments and divisions of the United Nations, our teams have extensive high level consulting experience to leverage for your needs. Services are also available for those just starting out and with minimal seed capital. Our team have help launch a variety of non profit and creative projects from education advocacy to LGBTQIA entertainment productions.We don't just recite 'best practices' and general advice for your industry; we work with you to create and execute what you specifically need and ensure it intermeshes with your business and/or creative vision.
- Training Facilitation
- Motivational Speaking
- Guest Lectures (Secondary School, Undergraduate, Graduate, and corporate training and development)
Considering training and development for your organization? Looking to have a motivational speaker / guest lecture to catalyze employees / students in your organization?Our team have facilitated training programs for Fortune 500 companies, present at professional conferences, and done guest lectures at major universities. In addition, we have worked with thought leaders in academia at Ivy League universities, well established actors and voice talent, video game developers, and more to communicate and connect with audiences for engaging educational / development experiences.
Rates & Billing
Our standard billing rates start at $100 hourly (USD). Rates and estimated billable hours will be presented prior to project.
Discounts / Special Pricing
To provide accessibility of services to non-profit organizations as well as low income, student, and marginalized populations, we offer special pricing and discounts based upon client need and the services rendered. If you are interested in services but unsure about affordability of rates, please reach out and we'll be happy to discuss a solution that best fits you and your situation / status.We also offer payment plans / installments on an as needed basis.
The Fine Print
Some services and projects may incur additional materials costs (software, assessments, validation, associate vendors/contractors). Discounts / deductions available for those who qualify (low income, non profits, referrals). All costs and fees are itemized in invoices and standard accounts payable policy is 30 days. First time clients may be subject to deposit (20% of projected cost) prior to services rendered.
Reviews and Testimonials
"very capable ideas person who has brought things to my attention that I wouldn’t have thought of myself.""...sounding board for when I need to talk through ideas, providing frank and honest commentary.""I was intimidated by my lack of technical knowledge and general discomfort with the sound of my own voice... walked me through the more technical aspects and was always willing to provide me with positive reinforcement."